So the facts posts have been doing the rounds and I thought I could do with a new bangwagon to hop on to. I realise I don't put a lot of personal information here so these facts may help you to get to know the girl behind the blog a little better or they may bore you. It's a chance I'm willing to take.
1. I don't have a middle name as my first name is double-barelled (Laura-Jayne). I feel far too prim and proper being called Laura-Jayne though so it's always Laura or Ella.
2. The nickname Ella came about as I was drunk and sounding out my own name with the first and last letters. It's stuck.
3. I once had a freckle that lived beside my belly button for twenty one years then disappeared.
4. I've always wanted to own a yellow VW Beetle.
5. I was traumatised by the thought of having an epidural so I endured two natural births to discover I needed one for emergency surgery after regardless. That was a fun time.
6. The only piercings I've kept in long term are my ears (9 years) and my medusa (5 years).
7. I can watch Mean Girls and Stepbrothers over and over and laugh each time.
8. I love to sing but when I get drunk and sniff out karaoke I believe I'm a country singer. I'm not.
9. When I like a song I play it over and over and over until I hate it.
10. I want to buy an old VW camper van, paint it sky blue, throw a mattress in the back and live in it for festival season.
11. Growing up I wanted to be Cilla Black then Dana Scully. Yes, really.
12. My hands and feet are constantly cold.
13. I'm 5ft10in but take pride in wearing obnoxiously high heels and being taller than my boyfriend.
14. Layla was named after the song by Eric Clapton.
15. I have contact lenses but rarely wear them as I feel I look weird without my glasses.
16. I have played the recorder, double bass and the piano. I can still read music but not well.
17. I'm still learning to drive. I didn't start learning until I was 23.
18. My friend once lived with me and dad for a year without his knowledge.
19. I have a very Welsh accent for someone from the area I'm from and nobody can explain why.
20. I am technically married but I haven't seen my husband in almost four years.