Now I am quite clearly the runt of the litter. With Amy, Alice and Rhiannon whipping up some serious tasty treats in the kitchen, I am left with a feeling that Mary Berry would behead me. You see, I was all set to bake up a storm for this week's challenge (we could bake anything as long as it contained berries) but life got in the way and I was seen frantically thinking of something extremely cheap to make as I had no money. Today. Yes, you heard correctly. Last Minute Laura is back.
So I baked blueberry flapjacks because I had all the ingredients except the blueberries which we got for free from boyfriend's mum. What kind of person doesn't have ingredients for a simple sponge cake in the house? Oh, that'd be me. So if you want to find out how to make this incredibly simple recipe that even a baking idiot can bake, read on.
2 sticks of butter
Golden syrup or honey
A pinch of salt
A mixing bowl and spoon
(I'm assuming you've pre-heated your oven. If not, do that)
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan with the golden syrup or honey
2. Chop up (or keep them whole...or both) the blueberries and add those to the bowl
3. Add the porridge oats and a pinch of salt
5. Add the melted butter and syrup concoction
7. Grease a tin with whatever, I just use butter
8. Spoon in the mixture and push it down flat
9. In the oven for 20 minutes
10. Take it out, wait for it to cool then eat it. Don't even cut it all fancy like I've done (ha!) - just dive in.
It's worth mentioning that I didn't actually use a recipe. I just did what felt right. If you need one just follow this and add blueberries. Ta da!