Maybe it's because I'm a homebody and stay in a lot but a night out is pretty special to me, a night out with boyfriend even more special. I dress up, apply flawless make-up and really make the most of it. At least I tried. However I do have an emergency kit with me as I'm always messing things up while out. So...my tips for a successful night out!
1. Keep your key, your phone and a spare fiver in your bra. If your bag gets lost or stolen you can still call for help and get home.
2. Take an extra pair of tights. I always seem to get random snags and extra tights are a lifesaver.
3. Avoid conflict. It seems like a great idea to say that thing but in the harsh light of day with a headache, best not to have.
4. POWDER. In photos you'll look sweaty and a bit haggard without it.
5. If you feel uncomfortable, change. You may think you can handle it but when you're walking home barefoot pulling your skirt down and those photos of an exposed bumcheek the next morning will make you realise otherwise.
6. Have a get together before you hit the town. A good session with a film, cocktails made at home a bit messily and some food will get you in the mood to get out there without walking in to an empty bar.
I'm definitely planning a night out soon. Who's with me?